Person Centred Care Protection Products
Powered by Liquid Glass Shield
Liquid Glass Shield – Application Instructions
Do not apply Liquid Glass Shield products when near a source of ignition. This includes smoking.
Only use liquids, sachets and cloths supplied in the Liquid Glass Shield packs as other products may damage the surface.
Before application, make sure that any nearby electrical equipment is switched off. Do not spray directly on to any hot surfaces (hob/kettle/toaster), live electrical contacts or sensitive apertures. Do not apply in direct sunlight or when the surfaces to be coated are warm or hot.
- Make sure that all surfaces to be treated have been thoroughly cleaned, rinsed and allowed to dry.
- Any wax, polish or oil residues need to be completely removed as the Liquid Glass Shield cannot bond to the surface if there’s an existing coating of any kind.
- Once dry, use the Liquid Glass Shield TM Hard Surface Cleaner to remove any traces of oil and grease. Allow to dry.
- Shake the Liquid Glass Shield TM Hard Surface protector well (20-30 seconds) and then spray onto the micro fibre cloth, wipe over the surface to be treated in a methodical fashion, spraying more Liquid Glass Shield TM, as required (we also suggest a quick shake of the bottle before each spray). Ensure even coverage across the surface being coated. (Whilst you can spray on to surfaces, directly, there is quite a high waste factor in doing so. Spraying onto the cloth virtually eliminates waste.)
- Allow to air dry (approx. 3 to 5 minutes).
- Once dry, buff the surface with the micro fibre cloth to until any streaks and residue are removed.
- Whilst newly coated surfaces can be carefully handled once dry, it’s essential to remember that treated surfaces will not become fully protected for 6 to 12 hours whilst the Liquid Glass Shield TM coating becomes activated.
Surfaces can be handled carefully once air dried and buffed but we recommend treating surfaces and then not touching or using them for 6 to 12 hours, wherever possible (i.e. leave overnight). The longer within that time frame, the better.
Before applying Liquid Glass Shield to fabrics it is essential to make sure that the surface is clean and dry and has not been previously treated with a surface covering such as starch or detergent. To test the surface simply drip clean water onto the surface and check that the water quickly soaks into the fabric, if it does you can apply the Liquid Glass Shield.
If the water does not soak into the fabric almost instantly then you must pre-clean the surface, rinse well to remove any detergent and dry completely. Then repeat the water test to check that the water soaks into the fabric. Once this is the case, you can then apply the Liquid Glass Shield.
To improve the performance of Liquid Glass Shield we suggest that a pH test is performed prior to application. If the pH level is high, clean the fabric with a neutral or low pH cleaner, then rinse with clean water and allow to dry.
Liquid Glass Shield Soft Surface Protector is water based and completely natural but, for peace of mind, we do recommend doing a spot test on a non-visible section of the surface to be coated prior to a full application.
Once the surface is ready to apply the Liquid Glass Shield protective coating;
- Shake the Liquid Glass Shield TM soft surface (Fabric) protector well (20-30 seconds) and then spray on the surface to be protected making sure that the coverage is even and the surface appears damp.
- Work in to the fibres of the surface, as required.
- Allow to dry, (can be force dried with fan/hairdryer) remembering that it takes up to 24 hours to become fully activated (even if force dried).